Print this page

How to apply

Where and how does the refugee make a family reunification application?

If you have been granted refugee status and wish to apply for family reunification of a family member and/or a dependent family member you must apply 
in writing to Family Reunification Section (INIS) at the following address:

Family Reunification Section,
Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS),
13/14 Burgh Quay,
Dublin 2.

At no point does this Office, Family Reunification Unit (ORAC), accept family reunification applications from the refugee

Failure of the refugee to provide documentary evidence attesting to the relationship of the refugee and the subject of the application may have an adverse affect on the outcome of the application.

There is no application fee. However, a family member/dependent family member who is resident outside Ireland at the date of a successful application will be required to apply for a visa to enter this State. Further information on documents required and the visa application process/fee may be found on The visa application should be submitted to the Irish Consulate in or accredited to the refugee's family member or dependent family member's country of residence. Details of all Irish Embassies and Consulates can be found on

^ Back to top